Q: How can I protest the proposed rate adjustments?

You may mail or hand deliver a signed protest form to the City Clerk, 1401 Draper Street, until the close of the public hearing on August 3 , 2022. You have the right to submit a protest for each property serviced by the City's franchise solid  waste hauler and/or street sweeping contractor .  Resolution No. 2022-28 establishes the City’s procedures for the submission and tabulation of Prop 218 protests.

Show All Answers

1. Q: What is Proposition 218?
2. Q: Why are we proposing to raise the rates?
3. Q: When was the last time we raised the Solid Waste Rates?
4. Q: How can I protest the proposed rate adjustments?
5. Q: What needs to be included in my protest?
6. Q: Can I call, email, fax or zoom in my protest?
7. Q: How can I support or vote “yes” on the proposed rate adjustments?
8. Q: When will the proposed rate increases take effect?
9. Q: I heard about the proposed rate increase, but didn’t receive paperwork. How can I get a copy?
10. Q: What is the consequence if the proposed rate increases are voted down?
11. Q: How long will these rates be in effect?