Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Office is closed Fridays
Building Inspection Instructions
An Inspection request can be made by phone 24-hours a day by calling the Building Inspection Line at 559-897-6526. To schedule an inspection, you must call in your request before 4 p.m. the day before you are requesting the inspection. Inspections are performed Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Inspections will only be done Tuesdays and Thursday, tentatively. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Building Department may be reached at 559-897-5328 Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to answer questions, discuss problems or to cancel inspections.
The general contractor/owner-builder or his duly authorized representative is responsible for verifying that all work is complete prior to requesting an inspection. Re-inspections will be made as requested after all corrections have been made, a re-inspection fee may be charged if you are not ready for a subsequent inspection. For all inspections the approved plans must be on the job site and the Permit Job Card must be posted in a conspicuous place at the job site.
The City of Kingsburg use these current code books:
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code with Local Amendments
- 2022 California Residential Code
- 2022 California Administrative Code
- 2022 California Historical Building Code
- 2022 California Existing Building Code
- 2022 California Referenced Standards Code
- 2022 California Green Building Standards Code
- 2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code with Local Amendments
- 2022 California Building Code
- 2022 California Plumbing Code
- 2022 California Mechanical Code
- 2022 California Electrical Code
- 2022 California Energy Code